Up until the fall of 1925 all high school work had been done by Morris Harvey College. In 1924 the Board of Education of Barboursville disrict merged with the Board of Education of the Barboursville Independent District and had been autherized by residents of these districts to purchase from Morris Harvey College the building known as Billings Hall. It was paid for by direct levies which covered a period of three years.
In 1925 the Board decided to take over one year of high school work. This was consolidated with the seventh and eighth grade to form the Barboursville Junior High School and was taught in the graded school building with the following faculty: C. N. Fannin, Principal, Mrs. Edna Ball, and Mr. John Fife.
In 1926 the other three years of high school work were assumed and were taught on theMorris Harvey College campus in the Building known as the Music Hall. In addition to the faculty of 1925 were: H. C. Lantz, Miss Nancy Bowden, Mr. Doyle Yoak, and Miss Pauline Canton. The next year Billings Hall had been altered and made into classrooms. Miss Edna Nash was added to the faculty in this year.